“Seek ye the LORD while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.” – Isaiah 55:6-7
“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, ‘All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.’ Amen.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
You start with 8 Pawns lined up on the 2nd rank, in front of your pieces. Individually expendable, Pawns are nevertheless important. Beginners often don’t realize that, because it takes experience to get good use out of them. But before that, the moves.
On its first move, and only then, a Pawn may be moved either one square forward or two squares forward. All other moves are either one square straight ahead–or one square diagonally, when making a capture.
In chess, all captures are made by moving one of your men onto a square occupied by an opponent’s man, who is then removed from the game. When a capture is made, the capturing man’s move ends.
So a Pawn cannot advance if there is another chessman directly in front of it.
If a Pawn is moved all the way to the opposite end of the board, it is cashed in for a Piece of higher value. Usually that’s a Queen; occasionally, a Knight.
During the course of the game, Pawns are valuable mostly in a defensive role.
Only the Pawn can never move backwards. Remember that when you decide to move a Pawn: it can’t retreat.
The next lesson will deal with some finer points about Pawns.
Feel free to ask any questions! I’ve never done this on line before, so I may sometimes leave out something.
– By Lee Duigon, October 26th, 2018 (Posted with permission)
Check out Mr. Duigon’s blog at LeeDuigon.com!! Don’t forget to give him a follow!
Rules of The Liebster blogger Award:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) gave you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers that deserve the reward.
5. Create 11 original questions for the nominees to answer.
6. Let them know they’ve been nominated.
11 Facts About Me:
1. I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior from all my sins!!
2. I believe that every single word in God’s Word the Holy Bible is true!!!
3. I am thankful to God for giving me my life and all the blessings He has given me!
4. I live in Japan.
5. I’ve been to three countries: South Korea (only the airport), the U.S., and… Japan (of course)!
6. I want to be a stronger Christian with the help of God’s Holy Spirit.
7. My favorite book in the Bible is 1 Corinthians for now!
8. I like to read books, especially the Bible.
9. I brush my teeth every day.
10. I have a blog, as you probably guessed!
11. I like to watch YouTube videos!
Mrs. Holliman’s Questions:
1. What is your favorite thing to blog about?
I like to blog about a variety of things, especially things about God. (Well, I used to blog about various things a lot before, but now I mostly reblog others’ posts, share videos, and do “Awards and Tags” posts.)
2. What would be one thing that you would change that you did in your life?
I want to undo the thefts that I committed in the past.
3. Strawberries or Blueberries?
Strawberries!!!… Though blueberries come close second!!
4. What is your favorite food to cook?
Oh, oh! I really love to cook… Nothing… I can’t cook. ☹
5. What does love from GOD mean to you?
God’s love means everything to me! God made me and gave me a Savior, Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son! That is God’s amazing love, grace, and mercy towards a sinful wretch like me!
6. What is one of your favorite quotes?
I really love this quote by Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.” (John 8:58)
7. Hot dogs or Hamburgers?
I prefer hotdogs to hamburgers!
8. What is your favorite TV show to watch?
I like to watch some Japanese TV shows sometimes.
9. What would you be doing if snow came to your city?
I’d make a snowman and have a snowball fight with my brother!
10. What is your favorite flavor of cake?
I like chocolate cake! (Also I like fruit cake!)
1. What are you thankful for?
I am thankful for my life, for my family, and most of all the Lord Jesus Christ!
1. How many countries have you been to?
2. What is your favorite book of the Bible?
3. Do you like to play board games?
4. Do you watch videos on YouTube?
5. What do you treasure the most?
6. What place in the world is your favorite?
7. What place would you like to go to someday?
8. Can you play chess?
9. What are your top-ten favorite hymns?
10. Do you like singing?
11. Can you swim? (I can’t, by the way!😅)
Thanks a lot for reading this, and thank you again for nominating me, Mrs. Holliman!
Thank you, Mr. Holliman, for giving me the Decade Tag! Please click on this link and go to his amazing blog! Don’t forget to follow him!
To Play Along With This Tag:
1. Please share a link to the creator of the tag: jesusluvsall.wordpress.com
2. Share some of your highlights over the past decade and if you want, a few low points.
3. Tag whoever you wish.
4. Ask them some questions.
5. Use any picture appropriate for such a tag.
The Highs (😆) and the Lows (😖) of the Past Decade
My highs ☝:
1. Believing in the Lord Jesus Christ as my only Savior from my sins! 😊
2. Starting this blog! 😊
3. Making new friends! 😊
4. Being able to go to the gym! 😊
5. Learning how to play chess! 😊
6. Learning how to play the guitar! 😊
7. Getting my guitar for my 16th birthday! 😊
8. Getting this computer for my 17th birthday! 😊
9. Being able to spread the gospel in various ways using this PC! 😊
10. Getting rid of bad habits, for example making strange “Mm” sounds! 😊
1. The surge of new bad habits, such as staying up late. ☹
2. Losing my favorite toy, a little black teddy bear. ☹
3. Spending too much time on my computer. ☹
4. Acting weird and not acting my age. ☹
5. Losing interest in going to the gym. ☹
6. Not paying attention to others. ☹
7. Losing too many chess games. ☹
8. Scratching Mom’s kitchen. ☹
9. Losing my temper. ☹
10. Oversleeping. ☹
Mr. Holliman’s Questions:
1. Where do you want your life to be in 10 years?
I would like to become an evangelist and have my own business.
2. What is your favorite moment in your decade?
My favorite moment… seriously? I don’t know! I have too many of them!
3. Is there anything you wish you could change that happened in your 10 years?
I wish I was more diligent and practiced the piano more and studied harder, etc.
4. How would you describe your 10 years ago?
I would describe myself as dependent on almost everyone around me, especially my parents. In fact, I still am! 👶
5. What was your proudest moment in your 10 years?
(And anybody else out there, you’re nominated, too, by the way. 🙂 )
Here are my questions:
1. Which decade do you think is the best one for you?
2. How many decades have you lived?
3. During the next 10 years, what would you like to do?
4. What is the best memory of when you were 10?
5. If you had to eat just one thing for the following 10 years, what would it be?
Thanks for reading this, guys! 🙂
And feel free to do this tag if you have any free time! 🙂
See you in the next post I will do sometime in the near future! 🙂
“The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.” (Psalm 18:2)
Reblogged from Unashamed of Jesus.