Display the blog award logo in your blog.
Thank the blogger who nominated you. Do not forget to link to their blogging website.
Answer all the questions they have given you.
Nominate 7 to 10 bloggers of your choice.
Ask them 7 questions.
Questions from Mr. Holliman:
1. What was your favorite moment on Christmas?
My favorite moment was singing carols and praising God for Jesus Christ! 🙂
2. What is your new resolution for the new year of 2020?
My new resolution is to live my life for Christ, not for myself.
3. What was your biggest blessing in 2019?
That’s a hard question! God has given me so many blessings in 2019, but I think the biggest blessing was that God gave me a clearer vision of Jesus’ dying on the cross and rising again for me, a bigger assurance of my salvation.
4. Do you like being in the snow or on the beach?
I like being in the snow, but no snow so far this winter. 😦
5. How would you say this year went for you?
So far, this year is going fine for me, by God’s grace.
6. What do you like on your salad?
I don’t usually put dressing on my salad, but I like cobb dressing.
7. Do you like to take a run or a walk in the morning?
Thank the person that nominated you, and tag them.
Write a paragraph or more on the experience of an act of kindness or something you have read or seen, or done, yourself.
Nominate three people to participate in this award.
Paste and copy the picture from above on your post.
Let the people you nominated know they have been nominated.
It was with inner grief that my brother and I waved good-bye to our parents. We looked up at the ominous train station. “Well, bro, here goes nothing,” said I to my brother. (Well, actually, in real life I didn’t say that. Keep in mind that probably about 34% of this story is exaggerated.) After spending 3 hours and 12 minutes trying to buy the tickets (There, I did it again. Sigh.), we waited for our train on the platform. “Look! Our train is a-comin’!” cheered my brother. But as it turned out, it was only Thomas the Tank Engine chuffing past us and whistling, “Hi, y’all folks! I’m a very useful engine!”, and we watched him as he disappeared into the distance. “WAIT!!!” I screamed, waving my hands in agitation. “I was your fan back when I was sometime between 1 and 7, so I sort of want your autograph!!!” But alas, by that time it was too late. Our real train arrived, and we made way for the 53 pigs to get off the train. (Four of them were apparently a quartet in a group named The Hotdogs Of The Future.) One of them stepped on my foot, but I’m alright, don’t worry. (By the way, please raise the percentage from 34% to 65%, because I didn’t know I was going to write all that junk.) So we got on the train, and about 20 minutes later (There that’s more like it!)…
We gave our seats to two elderly women.
Showing kindness to other people, like simple acts such as encouraging others, gift-giving, and giving your seat to someone else, is a way to spread happiness to the ones around us. Furthermore, it is a kind of reflection of the merciful kindness of Jesus when He was on this earth, healing the sick, giving sight to the blind, making the lame to walk, and giving life to people who have died. The greatest act of kindness ever done on this planet earth was the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ on the cross. He willingly died for the people Whom God the Father gave to Him to be His chosen people before the world began. Let us thank God always for the Lord Jesus Christ, for the gift of salvation, for redemption, for the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, for the work of the Holy Spirit, for the Word of God, the Holy Bible, for creating us, and for ruling over all things by His almighty power.
“And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.” – 2 Peter 1:7
There are three people who will get nominated for this special award. And they are…
G’day after Christmas! Byron the Quokka here–and are you ready to close our Second Annual Christmas Carol Contest? Well, I’m not!
Crikey, look at all the carols that we haven’t posted yet! The carol with 44 views the day it was posted, Dec. 12 (I think), is still in the lead. I don’t think anyone’s going to beat that, but we can keep on playing. The winner gets an autographed copy of Bell Mountain No. 12, His Mercy Endureth Forever, when it’s published–which should be pretty soon.
Sorry, I’m not allowed to tell you who got those 44 views: don’t want to spoil the surprise. Meanwhile, no way we’re gonna run out of carols! You request ’em, I’ll post ’em.
And a Merry Christmas to us all, and as Tiny Tim observed, God bless us, every one!
Thank you, God, for sending us your Son, Jesus Christ, Who has no beginning, nor will He have an end, to this earth in the form of a man, to die on the cross for undeserving sinners whom You chose to save. Thank you that Jesus is risen from the dead, and will come back to earth to rule for eternity! May the time come soon when every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord of all!!
Here are the rules:
Thank the person who tagged you and link their post to yours.
Link the original post so the creators can read them.
Use the original featured image and include it in your post.
Answer the questions
Tag at least TWO people.
Have fun and enjoy the rest of your month.
Here are the questions:
Q.1. If you could be a character in a holiday movie, who would you be?
I would like to be the gift giver.
Q.2. What kind of holiday shopper are you: Black Friday? Christmas Eve? Yearlong hoarder?
Sorry, I’m not a holiday shopper! 😅
Q.3. What colors are your favorite holiday decorations?
I like red and green!
Q.4. Would you rather build a snowman, go sledding, have a snowball fight, or stay inside drinking hot cocoa?
I’d rather stay inside and drink hot cocoa while reading my Kindle.
Q.5. If you were Santa Claus, what type of cookie would you want to be left out for you on Christmas Eve?
I would be happy if the good kids left some chewy chocolate chip cookies out for me! I’d be so happy that I’d wake up the children with my “HO! HO! HO!”
Q.6. If someone offered you a gift card to any store you wanted, which one would you choose?
I’d choose the local supermarket!
Q.7. Name three words that best describe Christmas for you.
The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
The Mystery Blogger Award Rules:
Put the award logo/image on your blog.
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
Answer the 5 questions you were asked.
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
You have to nominate 10-20 people.
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
Share a link to your best post(s).
Answer: God means everything to me!! God created the world in the beginning, and He created us all!! That’s why we have our being, so we must all live our lives for God, the One who gave us our lives! Above all, He is my Redeemer from my sins through Jesus Christ!!!
Would you eat peanut butter with your fruit?
Answer: I never put peanut butter on my fruit before, but it sounds good!
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
Answer the 10 questions the blogger gave to you.
Nominate four bloggers who deserve the award.
Create 10 original questions for the nominees to answer.
Let them know they’ve been nominated.
Questions from Colton:
1. Alt code or character map?
Sorry. I don’t use either! 😦 (I didn’t know what that question meant, so I searched the web.)
2. What’s your favorite book, besides the Bible?
My favorite book besides the Bible is Bell Mountain by Lee Duigon.
3. Windows or Mac?
4. Hamburgers or hotdogs?
Wow! Hard question! Maybe hotdogs!! 🤩🌭 🍔ℴoO(😭)
5. Is your area very boiling or frigid, or just average?
Just look at that beautiful cover of Lee Duigon’s upcoming new book!! It’s fantastic!! And don’t forget to join the fun annual Christmas Carol Contest, held at Lee Duigon’s blog! The prize is an autographed copy of Lee’s new book, “His Mercy Endureth Forever”!!
G’day! Byron the Quokka here–and our Second Annual Christmas Carol Contest seems to be slowing down. So here’s my idea to pep it up!
The prize will be an autographed copy of Bell Mountain No. 12, His Mercy Endureth Forever. And if you want to find out if Ellayne and Dulayl get eaten by the giant hyena, you’re gonna need this book! It hasn’t been published yet, but it’s all ready to go and it should be coming out early next year.
The winner will be whoever requests the Christmas carol that gets the most views on the day it’s posted. So far the leader has 22 views. Do I hear 25? Thirty? And one thing we don’t have to worry about is running out of Christmas carols!
Here on Rottnest Island, we have no hyenas of any kind, not even little ones. All the quokkas agree that’s a…
“You have been chosen for this recognition because of the encouragement and inspiration you bring to your readers.“
The way this works: Thank the person who nominated you, and share their blog. Think of five bloggers that encourage and inspire you and nominate them. List five things about yourself. Answer the questions you got asked. Lastly, ask your nominees five questions. Why five? Because is the number that signifies grace.
5 Facts about me:
1. The Holy Spirit showed me my sins and that I need a Savior, and I prayed and asked God to forgive my sins and now I am saved through faith in Jesus Christ!
2. I define myself as a man of few words.
3. I used to go to the gym, but I haven’t gone there recently.
4. I want my blog to be used to bring others to Jesus Christ.
5. I am relying on God to guide me my whole life.
Here are the questions asked by Lydia:
Q.1. Which of your family members encourage you the most? How?
My father encourages me the most. He talks to me about God and about how to live the life God has graciously given me.
Q.2. Who do you go to when you need encouragment?
I always go to God when I need encouragement. I pray to Him, and He comforts me.
Q.4. What is an encouraging Bible verse or quote that you enjoy?
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, “All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you alway, even to the end of the world.” Amen.
Q.5. Do you encourage others when you see them crying or distressed? How do you encourage them?
I remind them that Jesus loves and takes care of them.
G’day! Byron the Quokka here. We don’t get any snow on Rottnest Island: that picture’s me on our family vacation to New Jersey. Only chance I ever got to use my skis.
Anyhow, I’m here to report on the progress of our Second Annual Christmas Carol Contest. And the carol that got 24 views on Dec. 1 is still in the lead. No, I’m not going to tell you what it was, or who posted it. It’s sort of a blind taste test. I love those! Did you ever see the one where they’ve got people taste-testing cat food? Fantastic!
So let’s keep those carols coming, folks. I told Lee I could make this a tremendously successful contest and I won’t want to wind up looking like a doo-dah. It would be very bad for my prestige!
9. What is your favorite cartoon character and why? Tintin the reporter, from The Adventures of Tintin, because his many adventures are super exciting! He’s pretty strong in spite of his size!
10. What is your number one fun activity? Reading books!
11. Who is your top choice for the best musical act? It’s this man playing a song he composed called “Gratitude.” That’s some guitar playing, I can tell you that! Plus, he has a good sense of humor!
1. What is your job or what is your dream job? My dream job is becoming a translator and a writer!
2. What’s one of your least favorite foods and why? I don’t like sea urchins because they have an odd taste!
3. What time of day do you like to write a blog post? I like to write at night! 🦉🌙
4. Who or what inspires you the most in life? God and the Holy Bible which He has given us!
5. What has been the most exciting thing that ever happened to you? Having all my sins washed away by Jesus Christ!!
6. Would you rather eat fried baloney or slimy spinach leaves? Oh, fried baloney sounds good! (I didn’t know what that was until I searched it!) And I’ll have that with a cup of Coke!
7. Which describes you better? Giant jokester or super shy? Hmm… I’d say super shy!
8. What’s your favorite type of blog posts to read? I like to read posts about God and His gift of salvation through Jesus Christ!!
9. Do you like spicy foods? Yes, I do!! Spicy Mexican food is my favorite kind of food!
10. Can you jump rope? No, I can’t!! 😅
11. What one word can you use to describe the above questions asked? INGENIOUS!!!
1. Coffee or Tea? I prefer coffee!! ☕
2. What is your all-time favorite quote? “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away.” – Jesus Christ speaking in Matthew 24:35.
3. Would you eat a bowl of [dead] crickets for $20? WOW! That’s a tricky one! Well… I guess I will accept the challenge like a man!!! (Inner voice: EW!!!😫)
4. Do you consider yourself to be a fast runner and if so, how fast? If not, how slow? I’m not 100% sure about how fast I can run, since I don’t run often, but I think I’m a slow runner. If I run too fast, I’ll run out of breath in no time!
5. How do you feel towards insects in general? I’m in the middle between liking them and not liking them. I like beetles such as stag beetles and Japanese beetles, but NOT COCKROACHES!!!
Mrs. Holliman’s questions:
1. How old is your blog now? It’s one year and three months old.
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging? I like it because it’s a form of spreading the Word of God!!
3. How important do you think Social Media is for the success of a blog? Social media is a means to share your blog and bringing more people to your blog.
4. How would you define a successful blog? In other words, what do think a successful blog looks like? I think a successful blog has many followers, comments, views, and Likes!!
5. Describe your feelings when you received your first blogging award nomination. I felt so excited! At that time, I didn’t know what the award meant, but I found out soon enough!
6. Have you ever thought about monetizing your blog? Yes, but I’m not sure about it yet.
7. If so, what do you think is the best method of monetizing? Maybe wait until I have more than 1,000 followers and blogging on a regular basis.
8. What kind of post do you find easiest or most enjoyable to write? Posts about God I find the easiest and the most enjoyable and worthwhile to write!!
9. What do you think is best, long or short posts? I think short posts are best because they’re easier to read.
10. Funny/Weird Question: What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten? The weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten is…
A moth. 😋
11. What is your favourite way to unwind after a hectic day? I like to pray!