Thank the person that nominated you, and tag them.
Write a paragraph or more on the experience of an act of kindness or something you have read or seen, or done, yourself.
Nominate three people to participate in this award.
Paste and copy the picture from above on your post.
Let the people you nominated know they have been nominated.
It was with inner grief that my brother and I waved good-bye to our parents. We looked up at the ominous train station. “Well, bro, here goes nothing,” said I to my brother. (Well, actually, in real life I didn’t say that. Keep in mind that probably about 34% of this story is exaggerated.) After spending 3 hours and 12 minutes trying to buy the tickets (There, I did it again. Sigh.), we waited for our train on the platform. “Look! Our train is a-comin’!” cheered my brother. But as it turned out, it was only Thomas the Tank Engine chuffing past us and whistling, “Hi, y’all folks! I’m a very useful engine!”, and we watched him as he disappeared into the distance. “WAIT!!!” I screamed, waving my hands in agitation. “I was your fan back when I was sometime between 1 and 7, so I sort of want your autograph!!!” But alas, by that time it was too late. Our real train arrived, and we made way for the 53 pigs to get off the train. (Four of them were apparently a quartet in a group named The Hotdogs Of The Future.) One of them stepped on my foot, but I’m alright, don’t worry. (By the way, please raise the percentage from 34% to 65%, because I didn’t know I was going to write all that junk.) So we got on the train, and about 20 minutes later (There that’s more like it!)…
We gave our seats to two elderly women.
Showing kindness to other people, like simple acts such as encouraging others, gift-giving, and giving your seat to someone else, is a way to spread happiness to the ones around us. Furthermore, it is a kind of reflection of the merciful kindness of Jesus when He was on this earth, healing the sick, giving sight to the blind, making the lame to walk, and giving life to people who have died. The greatest act of kindness ever done on this planet earth was the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ on the cross. He willingly died for the people Whom God the Father gave to Him to be His chosen people before the world began. Let us thank God always for the Lord Jesus Christ, for the gift of salvation, for redemption, for the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, for the work of the Holy Spirit, for the Word of God, the Holy Bible, for creating us, and for ruling over all things by His almighty power.
“And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.” – 2 Peter 1:7
There are three people who will get nominated for this special award. And they are…
“You have been chosen for this recognition because of the encouragement and inspiration you bring to your readers.“
The way this works: Thank the person who nominated you, and share their blog. Think of five bloggers that encourage and inspire you and nominate them. List five things about yourself. Answer the questions you got asked. Lastly, ask your nominees five questions. Why five? Because is the number that signifies grace.
5 Facts about me:
1. The Holy Spirit showed me my sins and that I need a Savior, and I prayed and asked God to forgive my sins and now I am saved through faith in Jesus Christ!
2. I define myself as a man of few words.
3. I used to go to the gym, but I haven’t gone there recently.
4. I want my blog to be used to bring others to Jesus Christ.
5. I am relying on God to guide me my whole life.
Here are the questions asked by Lydia:
Q.1. Which of your family members encourage you the most? How?
My father encourages me the most. He talks to me about God and about how to live the life God has graciously given me.
Q.2. Who do you go to when you need encouragment?
I always go to God when I need encouragement. I pray to Him, and He comforts me.
Q.4. What is an encouraging Bible verse or quote that you enjoy?
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, “All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you alway, even to the end of the world.” Amen.
Q.5. Do you encourage others when you see them crying or distressed? How do you encourage them?
I remind them that Jesus loves and takes care of them.
9. What is your favorite cartoon character and why? Tintin the reporter, from The Adventures of Tintin, because his many adventures are super exciting! He’s pretty strong in spite of his size!
10. What is your number one fun activity? Reading books!
11. Who is your top choice for the best musical act? It’s this man playing a song he composed called “Gratitude.” That’s some guitar playing, I can tell you that! Plus, he has a good sense of humor!
1. What is your job or what is your dream job? My dream job is becoming a translator and a writer!
2. What’s one of your least favorite foods and why? I don’t like sea urchins because they have an odd taste!
3. What time of day do you like to write a blog post? I like to write at night! 🦉🌙
4. Who or what inspires you the most in life? God and the Holy Bible which He has given us!
5. What has been the most exciting thing that ever happened to you? Having all my sins washed away by Jesus Christ!!
6. Would you rather eat fried baloney or slimy spinach leaves? Oh, fried baloney sounds good! (I didn’t know what that was until I searched it!) And I’ll have that with a cup of Coke!
7. Which describes you better? Giant jokester or super shy? Hmm… I’d say super shy!
8. What’s your favorite type of blog posts to read? I like to read posts about God and His gift of salvation through Jesus Christ!!
9. Do you like spicy foods? Yes, I do!! Spicy Mexican food is my favorite kind of food!
10. Can you jump rope? No, I can’t!! 😅
11. What one word can you use to describe the above questions asked? INGENIOUS!!!
1. Coffee or Tea? I prefer coffee!! ☕
2. What is your all-time favorite quote? “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away.” – Jesus Christ speaking in Matthew 24:35.
3. Would you eat a bowl of [dead] crickets for $20? WOW! That’s a tricky one! Well… I guess I will accept the challenge like a man!!! (Inner voice: EW!!!😫)
4. Do you consider yourself to be a fast runner and if so, how fast? If not, how slow? I’m not 100% sure about how fast I can run, since I don’t run often, but I think I’m a slow runner. If I run too fast, I’ll run out of breath in no time!
5. How do you feel towards insects in general? I’m in the middle between liking them and not liking them. I like beetles such as stag beetles and Japanese beetles, but NOT COCKROACHES!!!
Mrs. Holliman’s questions:
1. How old is your blog now? It’s one year and three months old.
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging? I like it because it’s a form of spreading the Word of God!!
3. How important do you think Social Media is for the success of a blog? Social media is a means to share your blog and bringing more people to your blog.
4. How would you define a successful blog? In other words, what do think a successful blog looks like? I think a successful blog has many followers, comments, views, and Likes!!
5. Describe your feelings when you received your first blogging award nomination. I felt so excited! At that time, I didn’t know what the award meant, but I found out soon enough!
6. Have you ever thought about monetizing your blog? Yes, but I’m not sure about it yet.
7. If so, what do you think is the best method of monetizing? Maybe wait until I have more than 1,000 followers and blogging on a regular basis.
8. What kind of post do you find easiest or most enjoyable to write? Posts about God I find the easiest and the most enjoyable and worthwhile to write!!
9. What do you think is best, long or short posts? I think short posts are best because they’re easier to read.
10. Funny/Weird Question: What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten? The weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten is…
A moth. 😋
11. What is your favourite way to unwind after a hectic day? I like to pray!
“You have been chosen for this recognition because of the encouragement and inspiration you bring to your readers.“
The way this works: Thank the person who nominated you, and share their blog. Think of five bloggers that encourage and inspire you and nominate them. List five things about yourself. Lastly, ask your nominees five questions. Why five? Because it is the number that signifies grace.
Copy and share the picture that shows the award, posted above.
Share a paragraph of something that impacted your own life in the way of receiving kindness or how you extended kindness to someone else.
Nominate anyone or share to your own page. If you so choose to Participate. Tag or pingback to the original person who nominated you, or the original post.
Many acts of kindness have been performed in my life, mostly by the people around me, but at this point, I don’t really know what I’m going to talk about…
Oh, (Slap!) yes!! God always has been so graciously kind towards me, even with all my rebelling and sinning against Him. But He still loves me, and I owe my life to Him!
It happened on a nice sunny day a couple of years ago (The exact year, season, month, or day I do not remember). We, that is to say my family and I, were taking a walk around a big lake. Near the lake was an observatory, and we decided to see the view from the top of it.
Leading to the top were many steps. At that time I had a breathing problem called asthma. So I should have known better not to run up those steps…
Well, I reached the top. But when I did, I felt a dizziness that I had never felt before. I had a hard time breathing and my heart was pounding like crazy!
“Dear Lord Jesus,” I prayed, “please give me my breath back. Please heal my asthma.” My family prayed along with me.
Then gradually my breath came back and I was able to breathe normally again.
And now I don’t have asthma anymore! Praise the Lord!
Thank You, Heavenly Father, for helping me that day and for prolonging my life to this day. I do not deserve Your kindness because I am such a sinful creature, but You love me and care for me. You thought about me even before You created the universe. I love You, God, help me and all Your children to serve You from our hearts to the end. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
“Deal bountifully with Thy servant, that I may live, and keep Thy Word.” – Psalm 119:17
“For Thy mercy is great above the heavens.” – Psalm 108:4
“For His merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.” – Psalm 117:2
Finally I will get to work on my awards!! Thank you all for the nominations!
Thank you very much, Elijah and Mr. Holliman, for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!!
Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
The questions from Elijah (Originally Abby Rose’s questions):
1. What do you do in your spare time (or what do you wish you could do if you had time)?
I like to read books, play board games, work on jigsaw puzzles, and work on translating Bell Mountain.
2. Dogs or Cats?
I like cats more than dogs for some reason. 🙂 But I think both are cute!
3. Steak or hamburgers?
I like hamburgers!
4. Favorite Summer beverage?
I like Root Beer! (It’s non-alcoholic)
5. Can you speak any languages?
I can speak English and Japanese.
6. Would you rather swim or take a walk?
I’d rather walk because… I can’t swim in the first place!!! 😦
7. Books or movies?
Hmm… that’s a tough one… but I think movies.
8. Do you play any instruments?
I can play the guitar and piano a little.
9. Push mower or riding mower?
I don’t know how to use it!
10. What’s a few of your favorite styles of music that you listen to?
I like to listen to hymns, South American music, and Christmas carols.
11. Would you rather go without music for a year or the internet?
I’d rather go without the internet. It’ll be nice to be able to take a break from it.
And these are questions from Mr. Holliman:
1.What is your favorite holiday?
The New Year!
2.How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging for 11 months.
3.How would you describe your life style?
Well, not so diligent… and not too lazy either… I think… 🙂
4.Do you like swimming?
I wish I could say yes, but… sigh, I have no swimming skills and I’m afraid of the water!
5.Do you like to read?
Yes, I do!!
6.What’s your favorite quote?
“It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.” – Psalms 118:8
7.Have you been out of the country?
Yes, I’ve been to the U.S. and to Korea (only airport).
8.When was the last time you’ve gone to see a movie?
The last time was July 2018 (I watched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and Solo).
9.Do you have any kids?
No, I don’t.
10.What is your favorite fruit?
I like bananas!
11.What are your hobbies?
My hobbies are reading (especially the Bible), translating, blogging, eating, and sleeping!